This Week on 30A
THE BEACH IS OPEN!!
The Walton County Commissioners voted this week to open the beach, without restrictions. I am so thankful to have the opportunity to enjoy sunset walks with Lucy again and spend some quality time soaking up the Vitamin Sea.
The latest Executive Order issued by the Governor
- Face masks are recommended for all those in face-to-face interactions and where you can’t social distance.
- Restaurants may open with outdoor seating and social distancing (6ft). Indoor dining possible at 25% capacity.
- Retail can operate at 25% of indoor capacity
- Bars, gyms, and personal services such as hair and nail salons remain closed. Retail components of these businesses can operate.
- Movie theaters remain closed.
- Schools remain distance learning.
- Visits to senior living facilities prohibited.
- Elective surgeries can resume.
- Social groups of 10 or fewer where appropriate distancing measures can be used.
The news everyone within a 500-mile radius was waiting to hear… The ban on short term rentals has been extended indefinitely.
Local restaurants and shops have started announcing when and how they plan to open on a limited basis. Please keep an eye out for the latest news on my Facebook page.
Mother’s Day on 30A
Mother’s Day is just a week away, so for those of you last-minute shoppers, I’ve put together some gift ideas from a few of my favorite local 30A stores. You can support local while showing your mom how much you love her WIN-WIN! Click on the image and it will take you right to the site, so you can shop away.
Take Out on 30A
A few weeks ago, I created a list of all the area restaurants offering takeout and delivery. Here’s a link to refresh your memory while we work through the re-opening process.
Sunday Supper Club
I continue to be blown away by all and the love and support this community has shown during this difficult time. A few weeks ago, I created the Sunday Supper Club and so far, we have helped over 20 families! If you’d like to learn more or support our efforts, you can learn more here.