30A Community Response to COVID-19
This week the Walton County Board of County Commissioners voted unanimously to close the Public beaches of Walton County. Out of an abundance of caution, all State Parks along the beaches are now closed. Park closures include Topsail Hill Preserve State Park, Grayton Beach State Park, and Deer Lake State Park.
The other master-planned communities quickly followed the lead of the SEASIDE community and closed their beaches as well. Here is the latest information about each community with a link to their statements to learn more.
WaterColor has closed the community beach and all community amenities, including Camp WaterColor and the WaterColor Beach Club.
WaterColor Inn and Spa are closed until at least March 27, 2020. Dine-in service is suspended until further notice. Curbside to-go dining is available from FOOW and Gathering Spot.
WaterSound has closed the community beach and all community amenities.
Clubs by JOE has made the following announcements about closures:
- WaterSound Beach Club
– All amenities including beach access are currently closed
- Shark’s Tooth Golf Club
– As of March 22, 2020, golf at Shark’s Tooth will be available to Members only
– The Pro Shop will remain open for check-in
– The Golf Course will continue its regular hours of operation
– The Shark’s Tooth Clubhouse, including locker room service, will be closed
– A Limited Menu will be served “to go” from The Shark Shack
– Tennis at Shark’s Tooth remains open
- Camp Creek Golf Club
– The Golf Course is closed for previously planned renovations.
- Origins Golf Club
– As of March 22, 2020, Origins Golf Club will be open to Watersound Origins residents only
– Golf Carts will not be available
– The Pro Shop will be closed
- Charter Air Service on the Clubs Pilatus PC-12NG Aircraft
– This amenity has not been impacted by the current public health situation
- WaterColor Workout
– Closed as of March 17, 2020
Alys Beach has suspended vacation rentals until further notice. They also closed their beach, community pool, shops, restaurants, and ZUMA Wellness center. They also instituted a 10 pm curfew for nonresident minors.
Seacrest Beach closed their beach, the community Lagoon pool and have suspended tram service until further notice. Restaurants are open for take-out orders only.
Rosemary Beach closed their beach, discontinued chair service, closed their community pools. All local merchants are closed, restaurant take out service is available